IF I STAY BY GAYLE FORMAN

Thursday, January 28, 2016



Choices. Seventeen-year-old Mia is faced with some tough ones: Stay true to her first love—music—even if it means losing her boyfriend and leaving her family and friends behind?

Then one February morning Mia goes for a drive with her family, and in an instant, everything changes. Suddenly, all the choices are gone, except one. And it's the only one that matters.

If I Stay is a heartachingly beautiful book about the power of love, the true meaning of family, and the choices we all make.

I give it 3.5 stars out of 5.This book is simply devastatingly delightful. There were parts that made me cringe because of the overplayed cliches but overall the book was pretty great. I picked up this book because I was in the mood for something sad and I wanted to cleanse myself by shedding some tears over an emotionally gripping story that everyone I know promised would help me achieve, but it didn’t.



 I wish Mia mourned and experienced that unfathomable pain that you get by losing someone you love, but she didn’t. She was so distant from all the suffering and so was I, which didn’t make a difference to my reading experience. I didn’t particularly fall in love with Adam either but his words was the one thing that hit me hard. I just wish there was more spice and more feelings involved. Passion, thats right! That’s the word I was looking for! More passion, Mia darling! 



If you’re a sucker for teenage romance intertwined with a thrilling dilemma then this is the book for you. It starts out to be sweet and innocent and when you’re not looking it locks your heart in a poisoned frankensteiner (seriously, google it). It’s a good book to read on a rainy day. 


If you stay, I'll do whatever you want. I'll quit the band, go with you to New York. But if you need me to go away, I'll do that, too. I was talking to Liz and she said maybe coming back to your old life would be too painful, that maybe it'd be easier for you to erase us. And that would suck, but I'd do it. I can lose you like that if I don't lose you today. I'll let you go. If you stay.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images